|Name of Exam||National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Exam 2020-21 (NMMS)|
|Name of Organization||SCERT|
|Date of Post||20-10-2020|
NMMS (Brief Information)
The National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMS 2020-21) is conducted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi, whose main objective is to select talented educational students studying in government / aided schools and their academic development.
Under this scheme, NMMS examination is conducted for the selection of 2334 eligible students in the entire state.
- Beginning date of Apply Online: 21-10-2020
- Last Date for Apply Online: 20-11-2020
- Date of Exam (NMMS-2020) : 20-12-2020 (Sunday)
- Only a student studying in VIII class of Government or aided school can participate in this examination.
- The student should have passed the class VII examination with 55% (General class) and 50% (Reserved class) marks from these schools.
- Total annual income of the student’s parents should be ₹ 150000 or less.
- The student can sit only once in the examination.
- In case of ineligibility or irregularity, the application of the student will be canceled.
- No fee will be charged for the exam.
- The failed student of class VIII cannot appear in this examination.
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya cannot participate in this examination
Reservation (According to Category )
Scholarships are awarded to the selected students at the district level in the NMMS examination according to the quota of the district.
- BCA: 16%
- BCB: 11%
- Sc: 20%
- Physically Handicapped: 4%
- The rest for the general category.
As we all know that the NMMS examination selects the talented poor children studying in government/aided schools once a year. The written examination of NMMS is conducted in two parts.
- Mental Aptitude Test
- Scholastic Aptitude Test
Mental Aptitude Test:
In this part of the NMMS exam, 90 questions of multiple-choice types are asked to check the mental ability of students (logic, analysis synthesis, etc.).
All questions are compulsory
Scholastic Aptitude Test:
Like the Mental Ability Test, this part of the NMMS exam also has 90 multiple choice questions and all questions are compulsory. The mental Ability test has only one part, while the scholastic aptitude test has three subdivisions. All the three are divided as follows
There are four options for each question in the mental aptitude test and intellectual aptitude test. Students have to choose the correct answer from these options and fill in the OMR sheet. The OMR sheet is given to the student along with the question paper.
Exam related time details:
|Examination||Time||Maximum Marks||Qualifying marks for General category||Qualifying marks for Reserved category|
|Mental Aptitude Test||90 Min.||90||36||29|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||90 Min.||90||36||29|